Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Driver, Dad of 3, Afaq Iftikhar, 32, Lost an EYE ‘Drunk Woman Attacked Him with Stiletto Heel

A minicab driver has told how he lost an eye after being hit in the face with a drunk passenger's stiletto in a attack.



Afaq Iftikhar, 32, was left with life-changing injuries after allegedly being assaulted by a woman and her friends after asking them to leave his cab in Birmingham.



The private hire driver told how he was attacked at 4.30am on Saturday after picking up four women and a man from the Arcadian Centre.

Mr Iftikhar - originally from Pakistan - say the situation turned violent after one woman began being sick and he pulled over by a SPAR shop at St Martin's Square.

The woman started to hit him in the face with her shoe, before two of the others began to punch him, leaving huge gashes to the top of his head.



The father-of-three, who is originally from Pakistan but now lives in Birmingham, said:

‘I got out to ask the girl vomiting to come out, and found one girl stealing money from the front of the cab.

‘I told them I would call the police, and then the guy and girls threatened me.

‘I told them to go and not pay but they attacked me.’

Mr Iftikhar says his world ‘has been turned upside down’ in the wake of the attack, which took place at 4.30am on December 15.

He also claims that the group stole money from him and his car keys during the attack.


He was left with injury on his eye for six minutes before help arrived - and now fears he may never drive again.



The taxi driver said: "I am not a British citizen, I can't get any benefits to help me now.

"I don't know what I am going to do or how I am going to look after my kids.

West Midlands Police has been contacted for comment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment