Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Fugitive, Zahid Khan, 32, Claims, 'Legal Team Left Me with 3 Weeks to Represent Myself'

Ferrari-loving Zahid Khan from Yardley Wood Road in Moseley, who fled the country days before being convicted of a £500,000 personalised number plate scam . He was jailed for ten years in his absence after an extraordinary trial saw his own barrister resign because of his antics - including pretending to have lost his memory.



Jurors heard the number plate plot involved his brothers Aamir Khan and Ayan Ahmed, plus cousin Zubair Ahmad.

Detective Constable Rob Piper, from West Midlands Police’s Economic Crime Unit, said police realised Khan may have absconded when he did not turn up for court as the original trial was coming to an end in June.

He is now a wanted fugitive after being sentenced to ten years for the fraud. He took a flight to Dubai just days before the summer trial had ended.

But as the case was coming to a close in June the Zahid Khan fled the UK after being granted bail by the judge. His passport was not confiscated.

He later posted pictures of himself seemingly in Mumbai on his Facebook page - where he has aimed abuse at legal officials after claiming he did not get a fair trial. He said sorry to judge and claimed in a video he skipped the country as he had not had a fair trial.

Khan complained in the video that he was not allowed to bring up the crushing of the car, which he claimed was worth £250,000, at his trial.

Brazen Khan had emailed Mera Mirpur after a post "Zahid Khan, 32, Ferrari Lover, Play Boy, Married 3 Girls, Had Numerous Affairs, Fled UK" whining about his treatment, He wrote



During my 10 week trial I started feeling optimistic as in my heart I believe the UK justice system is one of the best in the world. We have great human rights and every man rich or poor has a good chance of receiving justice.

What I actually discovered was how a small percentage can still be wrongfully convicted by the cps the police and highly likely the judge by the way the trial went.



It strongly suggested that they were all simply motivated to convict me at all costs by relying on their star witness, no other than Mr Jaswant Singh!

I started off with a great experience with my barristers whereby we managed to get hold of incriminating evidence which was presented as redacted (blanked out) but somehow one of the legal teams were able to access it.


The evidence included text messages from a Man's (star witness) phone which he had sent proving that he actually was dealing in the sale of high value plates and that he was in receivership of both plates and log books.

Clearly this was my case breaker to ultimately prove my innocence and to prove the star witness to not be credible resulting in myself having no case to answer.

This is where the case took a further turn for the worse when I requested that my barrister request full disclosure of these texts.


Once I requested this I arrived at court to be told horrifying 2 bad news...!


1.  That the judge was not considering them as evidence therefore refusing full disclosure



2.  That my barrister did not want me to stand to give evidence!!!

Clearly confused as to why he felt this way because I had nothing to hide I insisted that I do give evidence to which my barrister said that he would therefore no longer represent me and that I would have no choice but to be left without a legal team and result in representing myself.

My legal team walk out on my crucial part of my trail at no fault of my own!!!

The very next day knowing I had no legal team. I was remanded into custody and I was released after 4 weeks being locked up.

I was left to represent myself and given 50,000+ pieces of evidence and 3 weeks to get through them.

I am not a qualified barrister and even if I was could any barrister process 50,000 pieces of evidence in 3 weeks. I don't think it's actually possible at all.

When I was  remanded in custody and what little time I did have to represent myself I requested the full disclosure of relevant documents but I was ignored time and time again.

No comments:

Post a Comment