Monday, December 10, 2018

Zahid Khan, 31, Involved in £500K Scam and People Smuggling, Fled Country, Apologises Judge

Zahid Khan, 31,  who fled the UK after being given bail for running a £500,000 number plate scam posted a video online – apologising to the judge.



In the video posted on his Facebook page, Zahid Khan, 31, brazenly tells the judge who bailed him: ‘I had no choice but to flee the UK.’

He fled the country, days before he was due to be sentenced for running a complex illegal number plate racket targeting luxury cars.

Khan, along with his brothers Aamir and Ayan and cousin Zubair Ahmad, fraudulently obtaining Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) paperwork.

This enabled them to transfer ownership of five high-value number plates – 2K, 8G, 9H, 9J and C1 – without the owners’ knowledge.

Zahid Khan sold the 2K plate for £85,000 to an unwitting customer and was in the process of cashing in on the others.

Khan was found guilty of conspiracy to commit fraud, perverting the course of justice, and concealing and converting criminal property he was jailed in his absence for ten years at Birmingham Crown Court.

He uploaded a 16-minute video to his Facebook page the day before he failed to show up during his trial at Birmingham Crown Court in June.

In the video, he addresses Judge Philip Parker QC directly and moaned that he was unfairly targeted by police, and was not having a fair trial.

He said, I am making this video to let you know I am very sorry, I did not want to do what I did, but I I felt like I had no other choice.

Had I stayed in the UK, I was not having no justice and the only safest option I had was to leave this country.

The defence barristers saw I had no legal team and took this as an opportunity to attack me. The whole case was biased and very unfair for myself.

All I want is for justice to be served. I will speak my voice till I’m heard. I will not stop until I get justice served.

No comments:

Post a Comment